CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

  • I can hardly stand this watching a show that I didn't at least start recording before watching it so that I can fast forward through the commercials. This Tivo thing is really great. I like to cut that 15-20 minutes I don't need out of a show. Of course I like so many shows, I just squeeze more of them in now.
  • Madeline will be going to the doctor tomorrow for an arm check. Two more weeks with the cast and counting. She is sooo bored and everyone around her knows it. She doesn't want to go to school (although she still is, of course) because "her writing and coloring aren't good with her left hand" and "she has to just sit while everyone else climbs on the playground". I don't really blame her, but there are only 5 more days of school for her and they are practicing for their graduation program.
  • Caleb is possibly even funnier than Madeline. He was "looking for rattlesnakes" on the hill by the house this weekend. He says he found one. Little nut!
  • Caleb is also OCD. No surprise there. He has to have the specific fire trucks, cars, whatever, in his bed with him. Now all of his fire trucks look exactly the same to me, so this creates some frustration for the little guy when I can't tell the difference. On the way to soccer on Saturday he wanted Blue Thunder (his favorite Monster Truck). So I o in and gab a blue monster truck thinking it will do. Oh no, I am told this is Bounty Hunter NOT Blue Thunder. How the heck does he know each and every freaking truck??? And I sure don't like that he knows who Grave Digger and Bone Crusher or some such are.
  • I FINALLY finished all of my professional development courses that are due by the end of the month. Now if the county office could figure our their oh so efficient system of tracking our courses, I might actually have a license to teach next year.
  • I have two curtain "jobs" I working on right now. One is Mrs. Nancy's bedroom valances, four of them. This one is not for pay, since she has been ironing for me, I guess I can swing a few curtains. The other is for a girl who lived in Weatherstone when we did. She now lives in the neighborhood down the road. I have made curtains for her before when she lived in her last house. Anyhow, I went over to measure the windows yesterday and she showed me her fabric. Holy moly! It was $100 a yard!!! She just wants some simple cornice boards, so no sewing. That is great and all, but I am scared to even cut this fabric. She loves it, but found it at the furniture store where she ordered her furniture. They always charge a ridiculous amount, but who knew it could be this much??? Even with the no sewing I am going to charge her the normal amount ($50 per window) because I am so stressed out about this fabric!
  • As of today, I have 6 1/2 days of school left. I think I can do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs.Cheap listed 3 places to go to for fabric here. Well, one is actually in Fayetteville and the other 2, of course, are on the other side of town. One of my friends went to the one South of town and said they had a lot of the "discounted" decorator fabric that ran $60.00 & up.

They do have other "cheap" fabric,too. Sounds like a good deal for you as far as cornice boards go.

XOXO

Katie said...

How's Madeline's injury doing?