So it has been over a year since I have touched this blog. I am not a big writer, so it is little wonder that it didn't stick for me. I have over 60 posts though, which I hadn't realized. That' not bad and I think I might like to go back and read some about myself. I am sure I have forgotten most of it. I was working on a project today and thought, "I am much more accountable when I have a list or someone to tell about what I am working on." Since I don't have a boss, well I do have three people who might consider themselves my bosses, but I digress, I shall use my blog for accountability.
- Onto the project at hand. Our house is about 7 and a half years old. Not old at all really, but in need of some touch ups and sprucing up in my humble opinion. I feel like my cranberry and green color scheme is a little tired. Maybe that is because I look at it everyday, but it is mine so I can call it tired. I have had a list of what needs done in each room for a long time and occasionally, I even tackle something on the list. Some of the things that are on the list bother me though and they are not marking themselves off the list. Noone else seems bothered, so I guess that leaves me and my no-kids-in-the-house-all-day-long self to get 'em done. Several times I have intended to tackle one room a week and just get it done completely. I figure if I have to type here what I have done, I might actually do it. Not that I am sitting around eating bonbons usually, but I definitely let other things take precedence over painting baseboards.
- This week has been the master bathroom. Not a large room. Not a ton of projects and it is in the corner of the upstairs, which in my way too regimented mind, makes it a good place to start. Must be orderly, you know.
- Tasks for this room: paint white cabinet black, line cabinet with damask paper in the back, paint baseboards, recover stool, clean out/organize cabinets and drawers, touch up wall paint, caulk where necessary, thoroughly clean, change out accessories if needed.
- Here's a picture of the finished cabinet:
Of course I will get sidetracked like I already did. Had to switch pictures around going up the stairs and cleaned our my dresser. Oprah was on and I wanted to accomplish something while I watched. That is one less thing for me to do next week which should be master bedroom week.
No comments:
Post a Comment