CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

100 Things About Me

peaches and screams 1. I have too many hobbies. 2. I love productive days, 3. When my house is organized I feel peaceful. 4. I have a son. 5. I have a daughter. 6. I don't like to watch movies at home because they are so long. 7. But I will watch a few hours of tv shows with no problem. 8. My favorite grade to teach is kindergarten. 9. I have three sisters. 10. My kids make me laugh and cry more than anyone. 11. I do not like baby talk from anyone that is over 2. 12. I get carsick. 13. I am not good at grocery shopping. 14. I do not like white walls. 15. I think a room has to have window treatments to look finished. 16. I don't like to say goodbye. 17. I love to have things to look forward to. 18. I love spiced tea especially with something chocolate to dip in it. 19. I am technically challenged. 20. I have a master's degree. 21. I love cozy pajamas. 22. My favorite color is red, but sometimes green. 23. I like most reality shows. 24. I love Grey's Anatomy, but it makes me cry most every week. 25. I get upset when celebrities break up, especially if they have kids. Even when I see it coming. 26. I have never had a cigarette. 27. Shopping for school supplies is fun to me. 28. I think my parents did a good job. Of course this can only be seen now, having two uncontrollable children of my own. 29. I want my kids to have a magical childhood. 30. Unpainted toenails are definitely not my style. 31. I do not like scary movies. By this I also mean suspenseful as well. Happy endings only, please. 32. I don't like bananas, coconut, green peas, onions, peppers of any kind, mushrooms, or licorice. 33. My daughter looks like me with hazel, my husband's eye color. 34. My son looks like my husband with my eye color, blue. 35. My favorite Girl Scout cookie is a Tagalong which I really love dipped in spiced tea to melt the chocolate and peanut butter a little bit. 36. I do like to be social, but not in a partying way. I like book club, scrapbooking get togethers, playdates, and going out to eat. Very tame stuff. 37. I am plenty happy being by myself reading or doing a craft. 38. I take a nap every day possible, but I feel guilty about it. 39. I am a terrible photographer. 40. Dan could probably do this list easier than I can because I swear, he really does know me better than I know myself. 41. I like the idea of several different kinds of houses: a country house on a lot of land (but scared of the snakes), a brownstone townhouse in New York (but might feel closed in), an old house with lots of detail in a small town Main Street type of area (but what if it is haunted). 42. I think Chex Mix is only for the Thanksgiving/Christmas season, but why is that? It is not really holiday-ish. 43. I probably only "know" about 5 phone numbers. I depend totally on my caller ID and phonebook in my cellphone. 44. I was in the Barry Manilow Fan Club as a child. 45. I like the idea and sentiment of being sent flowers, but I'd really rather have the $50. 46. I am not good at vacuuming, but I like the house to be vacuumed. 47. I am never not in a hurry when I am getting ready for work because I simply cannot get up earlier than I absolutely have to. 48. I am not good at doing makeup. 49. I love things to be containerized. Baskets, bins, etc. 50. I make grocery lists all the time, but always come home missing items for the meals. 51. Sometimes I will go a couple of months between reading books, and then when I start a new one I can't put it down until I am finished. This is why I need to go a couple of months between books sometimes. 52. I love to teach and can be totally patient with kids, but cannot stand it when adults are slow or stupid. 53. Spelling and grammatical errors are irritating. 54. I am uncoordinated. 55. I make good chocolate chip cookies probably because I don't cook them all the way. 56. My dream car has been a Volvo, but I am thinking a minivan may be more practical. 57. I cannot sit in the carpool line without cleaning some part of the car with a baby wipe, cleaning out my purse, writing a check, or accomplishing something. 58. I love sappy love songs especially by Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, or Tim McGraw. 59. I miss the show Mad About You. Cried when it ended. 60. I had a lot of friends in high school and don't talk to any of them now. 61. My favorite part of the popcorn is the half popped kernels. 62. I like chocolate milk only if made with Nesquik, no syrup, and none mixed in a jug. 63. I don't like any kind of soupy or liquidy cheese. 64. I am currently very frustrated with Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump. I want to like them, but they are making it difficult. I think I may even be on Rosie's side because he is being just mean. 65. I remember spending a whole summer consumed by the Menendez brothers' trial. 66. I make lots of facial expressions I do not mean to make and they sometimes get me into trouble. 67.I like the chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants but pretty much never like my food very much. 68.My favorite book as a child in elementary school was Eddie Incorporated. A little obscure, but there was lots of office supply talk. 69. I can make a whole evening out of an awards show. I especially like the fashion review to follow. 70. My labelmaker is one of my favorite possessions. 71. I sometimes get very confused by my alarm clock in the morning. 72. Related to that, I overslept for my college graduation. I had to pull right up to the front of the arena and run in. I did not get a ticket. 73. I love Little Debbie peanut butter and chocolate bars with the cookie inside. NOT NUTTY BUDDIES. Although, I would take one of those if I had to. 74. I am thinking I might like an Ipod. For my craft room 75. My guest room closet is a mess and I am having trouble concetrating in this room because of it. 76. I love children's books. 77. I started reading Charlotte's Web to Madeline the other night. 78. She really likes it. I love that she likes it. 79. I love Caleb's single dimple. 80. I am becoming addicted to the games that go with Madeline's Webkinz game. 81. My favorite one is called Cash Cow. 82. I have to check my Bloglines daily. 83. I have never left a comment on someone's blog that I don't know and I read about 25 of them. 84. I like to be near the beach, but don't really like sand or the water. 85. I'd rather be at a pool near the beach. 86. About a week away from home is all I can take. I really like nesting in my own house. 87. I mess up about every sewing project I do and have to take at least one seam out with the seam ripper. I just get in a hurry I think. 88. I like to take my time at the bookstore. With a cup of coffee would be even better. 89. My favorite store is Homegoods. 90. I like cake and I like ice cream, but I don't really like them together. (birthdays) 91. I always wanted a brother, but I am really glad I have three sisters. 92. I eat really fast and I think it is because of teaching. WHen I sat down to eat lunch the other day after getting the kids settled and washing my hands, I had nine minutes to eat my lunch. 93. I do not understand the collection of figurines. (such as Precious Moments, Iladro or whatever) 94. Sometimes I wear my hair curly on purpose so Madeline knows curly hair isn't a bad thing. 95. There are currently two train tracks set up in my house. One being in my den. It is not a small one either. 96. My favorite thing about my car is the seat warmers. 97. I had a miscarriage and I still think about how old that baby would be, etc. But I know I have the babies I am meant to have and I wouldn't trade them. 98. I love town squares and historical houses. 99. I am glad my mom went with me on my field trip to Washington D.C. when I was in high school. 100. Having said all of this: my toenails need painted, my guest room closet is a mess, and I am missing an awards show, and there are I am sure many typos in this post!

3 comments:

StephM said...

You aren't GOOD at vacuuming? I read that and thought, "how can you be good or not good at vacuuming?" Just a thought. I love reading these things...I'm going to have to start something else now!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, trust me you can be not good at vacuuming. Seth is terrible at it. He's 11, but still it's possible.

I love these, they're such a fun read!

O.K., I felt compelled to list the ones that I feel most strongly I have in common with you. LOL

But first, it's funny you should mention liking the half popped kernels of popcorn the best b/c Brent just said the same thing to me yesterday.

O.K., 2,3,7,11,13,14,16,17,18(try it with some gingersnaps, it's GOOD!), 31,36,49,51,55 (you make excellent chocolate chip cookies and that's exactly why!)

Anonymous said...

I love these lists you all have made, but can't get myself started on it. I guess I should try harder, huh! I get to learn all kinds of neat stuff about my girls.

XOXO