CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm typing, I'm typing

  • Soooo, this is not second nature to me as it is to Laura, and now apparently Stephanie. At the end of the day, typing does not appeal to me like reading does.
  • I have a continuing education class tonight, as I do for the next NINE Wednesdays! It is, lucky for me, an interesting class about reading comprehension. THrilling to all, I am sure. The teacher is probably one of the best teachers I have ever seen. SHe is on sabbatical from teaching eighth grade reading. It is from 4-7. So I will be working afternoons on Wednesdays until this class is over so I don't have to drive back and forth to Woodstock.
  • On the upside I get to run to Walmart before class ALONE. I know this is not unusual to most, but I am actually looking forward to that. I may need to add some excitement to my life. I am most looking forward to getting some drawers for Madeline's dressup clothes. I have tagged and labeled everything that will sit still and I am now looking for things that still need organized. I just like it better that way so leave me alone.
  • i have been doing some embroidery. I have a love/hate relationship with my machine as it takes to beeping at me for reasons I cannot figure out. I have managed to finish a hooded towel, a large "W" for Eisha's office valance, cherries for the valance in my craft closet, and couple of burpcloths and towels for gifts.
  • My neighborhood bookclub started last week. We read The Memory Keeper's Daughter which is very good. Our next one which I have not yet bought is The Great Pretender. We actually had a printout of questions, so we had to really analyze the book. Fine by me, just wasn't expecting it.
  • Caleb talks more than Madeline. Seriously. She almost looks like a wallflower some days compared to this clown. He is really funny, but will. not. close. his. mouth. And he gets up early. This is frowned upon at our house and is earning him no brownie points. Early being 7:30. It is a good thing he is so cute.
  • I have put in my transfer for the new school which we have been told is about 90% for sure where Madeline will go. I have a couple of people who have shown interest in job sharing there, but still is hard to get a job half time and even harder as a transfer. I will just stay parttime where I am if it doesnt' work out. I really want her to go to her neighborhood school.
  • Dan had that business trip to Atlantic City a couple of weeks ago and won an award for "Strong Work Ethic". He works a lot, so he earned it. He was given a gift of $$. WHen you put that with the gift certificates he has been hoarding, we could go on a European vacation. All this and he doesn't have anything he wants. He doesn't seem to want to turn it over to me though. He was generous and ordered a DVR for the tv I watch upstairs. i stay up too late watching things such as The Real Housewives of Orange County and then am not very happy too get up at 6:15. Maybe recording them will help. Speaking of this ridiculous show, could Jo be any more unlikable. Please quit pretending to be dumb. And Vicki, she is annoying as well.
  • I need to go get dressed for school, drop off dry cleaning, and prepare my list for Walmart. I will only have 30 minutes at the store so I need to be prepared. I will probably need a snack for my class too. Must be prepared.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I hear you're not going to make it to Mammaw's birthday extravaganza. I know we'll miss seeing you guys. I've been trying to convince Andy to go and the only real persuasion i can give him is that Rhett, Madeline, or Caleb may be there. oh well.
As for the Real Housewives of Orange County, I've started to watch the show, but I'm still not too sure about it. Is Jo the younger darker skinned woman? Whoever the girl is that flirts with her friends son is the one that stuck out the most to me. That situation is just a little too creepy for me. Especially when she flirts with him in front of his mom....I just don't know.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you blog again. Miss hearing about the organization and the "chaos".

Congratulations to Dan on his award. It's nice to be recognized for all the efforts an employee puts into a job. $$ doesn't hurt either.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blog - group travel insurance. A new site has been launched with plenty of bargain holidays to choose from. Bookmark http://www.bargainplace.co.uk not just for bargain holidays but for flights and transport to and from airports plus travel insurance deals and holiday clothes.