CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

This is not a figment of your imagination

  • It has been so long since I logged onto this thing I had to try lots of different passwords. I didn't even remember I had to log on with Dan's email. Now that I have this nice new computer, I am trying to get all my bookmarks, pictures, embroidery stuff in one place. Before I had to choose the less fussy of two very fussy computers. Thanks, Santa.
  • The first birthday party went pretty smoothly. It was very calm, I guess since it was only girls and it was a sit down lunch type thing. I don't thing party number two will be so calm.
  • At long last the fire station called back today and we have a firetruck coming for the party. I had been calling for weeks, but the one guy I needed to speak to has been on a very long vacation.
  • I did something new this year for the kids birthdays. I made a scvenger hunt with clues so they had to search for their gifts. Made things last a little longer and they really liked it. Madeline had to help Caleb some, but I thing we will continue this. Got the idea from a professional organizer's blog.
  • We are suppose to move into our new school about February 11. Sounds like a great idea, huh? Dismantle a classroom, mid year and allow for no time for it to be set up again. Brilliant. AND I will only have a Promethean Board (no chalkboard, whiteboard or overhead) in my new room, have not the faintest idea how to use it (and we know how tech savvy I am), and have no training date until mid-March. This should go swimmingly.
  • Laura, did you hear there is going to be a Real Housewives of New York City. I was so tired last night, but that made me soooo excited!
  • I am loving my Ipod too. I even made a playlist for it if anyone can believe it.
  • Just a few more days and I am going to work on some projects unrelated to birthdays or Christmas. I can hardly believe it. For those curious types, my little list includes: two canvases I started for Caleb with tow trucks on them (the painted outline needs finished), then hang those, hang Madeline's wooden calendar in her room (she was really wanting a calendar- Santa delivered), finish the scrapbook of Dan's mom for Ed (this is almost done), make labels with pictures for the new bins in the playroom, make a curtain for Caleb's room, gather Goodwill items.
  • I must purge this house! I feel like there is stuff everywhere. Must edit. But then I do love to shop. But then I do love to clean out. What to do, what to do. A vicious circle I tell you.
  • Why, oh why, am I looking at Two Peas make and takes for craft ideas. Holy cow it is a sickness. I am drawn to projects like Caleb to spaghetti sauce. Always something I want to do.
  • Stayed up until 2 am on Sunday finishing my book club book. Not because book club is super soo, but because I didn't like leaving it unfinished if it was possible it could be finished. I don't do well with less than 8 hours and really prefer nine hours of sleep. So this set in motion trouble for the few days to follow. I did fine during the day Monday which was Caleb's birthday. And even Tuesday, but I was dragging today. Oh how I long for a nap, maybe Thursday will be my day.
  • I took the kids to Imagine It!, the Atlanta children't museum for Caleb's birthday. It was fun, but I really remember Cumberland Museum being a lot better. This one we hadn't been to since Madeline was two, and it doesn't look they have been keeping it up very well. I wanted to go somewhere though, because we went to American Girl Bistro for dinner on Madeline's birthday. Not the grand experience I had heard about. Terrible service and, brave yourself Laura, a long black hair in my salad which I got after the kdis had totally finished their meal. So THAT was free, and no I don't want another entree, thank you very much. Madeline put her Grandma Helen money with her "pick your surprise" money form us and got Kit. That is another doll, for those out of this ridiculously priced doll loop. Anyway she loves her, and she has a doll for each of the little doll bunkbeds.
  • This will have to do for a long awaited post. Everyone resume your normal activities and pick your jaw up off the floor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did have to do a double take b/c when I first clicked here I was expecting nothing so I automatically clicked away and had to come back. LOL

I wish I could get myself organized or energized would be a better word probably to do more projects, as I really do enjoy them.

Did you take any pictures of Madeline's tea party?

I've got their birthday gifts all picked out but since they're custom made (and the maker is out of town) they may be more like President's day gifts. There's a hoilday I bet they didn't expect to celebrate! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, good to see a post. I'm like Laura,I always look but didn't really expect to see anything and had to look at the date again to be sure.

I hope there is a couple of cute single firemen that come along with the truck..just in case, Katie comes down!

XOXO