- This blog is just a list of stuff we do/I do. A little lame, no? It is all I have because I am not the storyteller that someone else we know is, it will have to do.
- For the record this is the second post within a week. I am showing some improvement.
- Eisha and I have been scrapbooking on Wednesday nights since Jason is already in Tennessee and all kids are in bed about 7:00. We dont' get a whole lot doen since I am so slow, but some is better than none I guess.
- We have to have our classroom totally packed by next Friday. EVERYTHING has to be in a box and we are not allowed to carry stuff over ourselves. This is getting better and better with every direction we are given. WHAT are we going to do for the THREE days we have before our stuff gets moved the next Wednesday and the two days after it is moved, but we are not in the new building. This all seems very well thought out.
- Dan will be out of town next Monday through Friday in Dallas. Just for kicks, Eisha and I are planning a slumber party for ourselves since neither will have a hubby around. Kids are included too. She is a very early riser or this would not work at all. She will be plenty ready to take her daughter to school by 7:15. The problem will be making sure the girls are separated and calm by 7:00 to get everyone to sleep.
- Our date night is Saturday. I think we will be shopping for some clothes for Dan since this is their big company thing for the year and he could use some nicer things to wear. Then dinner.
- The neighborhood girls are taking a field trip to IKEA on Sunday. I have never been and I have heard there is some great organizational stuff. We have to be back before the Super Bowl, per some husbands, not my own.
- Things are not looking good for making it to Mammaw's birthday. First off, we have Dan traveling all week, but Ed called tonight and said he would be coming to Jacksonville in the "next 10-14 days". We really need to catch him since he is moving to a new job (this trip is associated with that). His job in L.A. starts Monday, so I am guessing he will not be vacationing soon.
- Madeline won a writing award at school! Each of the kindergarten teachers (all 10 of them!) chose a piece of writing to represent their class in the Young Author's Fair. Those were given to the first grade teachers to choose a representative for Avery. Madeline's won! Her story is about singing with her family?!? Dan does play the guitar for them some and they will do some Dixie Chicks (they are also mentioned in the story). Dan says her teachers probably think we are The Partridge Family now. She says in this supposedly non fiction story that the neighbors come over to watch us sing! Perhaps the dance recital she held meshed with some singing fantasy she has??? Anyway we are proud of her whether the story makes fools of us or not.
- Caleb woke Madeline up on Sunday by saying, "Hey, Babe!" The kid gets stranger and stranger. He has been speaking in a language of his own lately acting like we should know what he is talking about. Another dramatic moment from Caleb on Monday: I went upstairs to exercise and then take a shower. SInce this is clearly longer than my kids EVER allow me to be out of their sight, I put the movie Cars on for him. Dan goes down to check on him a little while later and asks him how he is doing. Caleb drops his shoulders and looks to the ground and says, "I'm just down here all alone." Wonder why I have such guilt.
- In crafty news, I framed the handkerchief I got from the Mammaw Deweese ones and hung it in my craft room. Covered a clipboard in cherry scrapbook paper and added rubons and ribbon. Very cute.
- In my attempt to liven it up, here are a couple of the "white shirt" pictures we do each year on the kids' birthdays. I put them in a little scrapbook with the one year pictures across from each other, etc. The point is to see how they grow into this shirt of Dan's that we have always used.
- In the first picture, the master is showing her apprentice how to pose. I do actually know how to fix red eye, but somehow they did not make it over corrected. I know you are all surprised I was unable to complete this technical task. At least ther are pictures.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cute idea with the white shirt! Can I steal it? If I remember to steal it by Anna's 1st birthday? I'm glad to hear more from the O'Connell side of the world! Good job with the pictures too! What an accomplishment! Now if we can just get you a copy of Photoshop so you can show us what you can do with DIGITAL scrapbooking!
Hope things work out that you all can make Mammaw's birthday yet. I don;t know whether to be happy for Ed or not. He seems to always be on the move, but hope he is happy wherever he goes.
Per the scrapbooking note from Steph, I have some supplies that need to be put to use. Mostly paper. Once in a while I use the card stock and pens, but not much else, if there are any takers!
Hope Dan enjoys Dallas and has a safe trip. Enjoy your slumber party....kids ??
XOXO
Post a Comment