- In an attempt to actually post something today, I thought I would do this in chunks during the day.
- So far (it is 9:00), not much has happened. I have played with Caleb who has officially hit the terrible threes which was the most difficult year of Madeline's short life. I hope the behavior of the past few days will not continue that long.
- I then took a shower and am now doing my makeup and this simultaneously. For those who may care, I often do not do my makeup in front of the mirror. It is so boring to me to stand in front of the mirror. I like some entertainment, so I will watch a show or read blogs while I get this out of the way. I (usually) check when I am finished to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be, but whatever, it has to be better than when I started.
- We have our Valentine's Day playdate party today. I am in charge of lunch for the moms and have made that Ramen noodle/coleslaw salad and need to finish making a strawberry/walnut salad in a few minutes.
- We went looking for a piece of furniture to house downstairs toys this weekend and found nothing. We ended up moving a cabinet we already had into the den, so I have now displaced everything that was in that cabinet. I really want a red bench with two baskets underneath it for hats/backpack. I have not found exactly what I want and since it is so urgent (to me), I am sure I won't find it anytime soon.
- Dan also hung the shelf I got at IKEA for Madeline's room last night and we got Caleb's closet a little more organized. He has been liking playing dressup so I put a trunk in there for his dressup clothes and removed ONE of the TWO nonworking computer monitors we have to store until we can find a place to bring them. Any ideas?? I have emailed Best Buy to find out when their next donation event is, but I haven't heard back.
- Sooooo, that did not work. I started this post on Monday and it has been downhill from there. I did my three allowed hours in my new classroom, completed all my Valentine projects and am relieved to be through this week.
- I snapped a few pictures of my craft room to practice adding some color to this very black and white blog. This first one is a scrapbook page that was for our school's art show. All the teachers were supposed to do some type of frameable art for the show and then you got it framed if you wanted for $25. I made it to match my craft room so I would feel like I would want to use it. The second one is embroidery hoops with scraps of fabric that went with my red, asparagus green, black, and white color scheme. The third one is my "O" embroidered valance. The last one is the handkerchief I picked of Mammaws in a frame. These are not very recent projects, but within the last couple of months. Thought they might be interesting to someone!
Monday, February 11, 2008
A Play by Play
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Loooove the color of your craft room! And that valance is awesome!!! Great idea!!!
"I (usually) check when I am finished to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be, but whatever, it has to be better than when I started" LOL!!!
I have the same trouble exactly whenever I have a clear idea of something I want, I'm guaranteed not to be able to find it! Aggravating!
I'm glad to hear Caleb's new hobby b/c that will mean he'll be sure to like his very, very, very late bday present that I'm still waiting on one piece for.
I had forgotten this was your week for the "move" at school. I'm sure you are glad it is over. Hope things will settle down for you. We all miss hearing from you.
Love your pictures!
XOXO
Post a Comment