CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

  • Dan left for a fishing trip today, so I am on my own until Monday. I decided to take Friday off since I have sick days to burn and the closer it gets to the end of the year, the less of a good idea it is to have a sub in the room.
  • Since I last blogged, I guess a lot have gone on. I guess since it has been six weeks, that would be pretty obvious! I guess I will work in reverse and see how far I get.
  • Had book club this week. We'd read Friday Night Knitting Club which was okay, but pretty predictable. Next up is some light reading for summer. We are reading two books by the same author and meeting until July, that author being Jennifer Weiner. Since I will totally forget the books if I read them this far in advance, I am going to read Eat, Pray, Love in the meantime. Fascinating for you all to hear, I know.
  • Last weekend for Mother's Day, Dan was kind enough to sponsor a "No Whining Mother's Day Weekend". We went to Outback for my first steak of the weekend, much to Caleb's chagrin, as he is a big fan of Moe's burritos. Saturday, he got up with the kids and took them to get food to cookout on Sunday and run a couple of errands. I go to sleep late...my favorite!!! Then we went to the outlet mall where I found clothes for the kids much more easily than I found them for myself. I was reminded when we there, and Dan entertained the kids at the mall playground while I shopped the Gap and got a few things. SUnday morning Madeline could hardly contain herself and gave me the Publix cake she had decorated at school, a sweet card (or 3!) and a great keepsake booklet of her artwork, handprints, and progression of how she wrote her name and drew herself at the beginning of the tear and how she does it now. After church he dropped me off at Old Navy and took the kids to Target, but I only came away with a pair of flip flops! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??? I went home for an uninterrupted nap and a steak dinner that has become a Mother's Day tradition.
  • A couple of weeks ago a few friends from the neighborhood and I went on a long weekend to Charleston. We did lots of walking of course and a ghost tour (of which I was not in favor!) of the old jail. It turned out not to be as scary as I had imagined. One of the girl's father-in-law has a house in the downtown area which was really nice and saved hotel money. We think we'll make it an annual event, just to a different town each year.
  • Moving forward---next week is Teacher Appreciation Week fo rMadeline's school, so I need to work on that the next few days. They are also having a Luau with games and a picnic, an awards day, and a few other of the end of the school year activity days.
  • I am happy to report Caleb is making progress in the training he has been resisting for the past, oh, say, YEAR. I say progress, because he certainly not all the way there. The boy does enjoy his freedom from the restraints of pants while he's training.
  • And here is a tiny picture from Charleston in an attempt to make this post a little more interesting.

3 comments:

E said...

Thank you so much for updating your blog. I have waited so long for this day...

-Eisha

Anonymous said...

Imagine my surprise when checking your blog and there was a new post.
(Yes, I know I need to post as well!) See you soon.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I may have those Jennifer Weiner books if you haven't gotten them yet. Remind me when you're here.

Stephanie