CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Some May Say I Need a Job

  • So these days are filled with things like this:

That is a paper bag turkey stuffed with popcorn.

  • And this:

an elaborate (for me) Dolly Parton Halloween costume. And one for Dan:

  • And then today I made actual voting sheets for our family to rate Christmas cookies I had collected at our neighborhood cookie exchange.
  • Of course I think all of things are great fun, but to a casual observer, it might possibly look like I have nothing better to do.
  • Tomorrow, Oliver, the elf, comes to stay. That could be added to the list of questionable behaviors. Maybe not everyone makes a stuffed elf cause mischief each night while the children are sleeping.
  • Last week Madeline started cheerleading. It only lasts six weeks or I wouldn't be letting her do it. She needs a routine and sleep so badly that I only like to have her in one extra thing besides school. She loooooves it! I think she is pretty good at it. She learned three cheers in her hour there on Thursday and has not been embarrassed to do them like she usually is with dance. I had to "fluff" her pom poms which I did not realize come completely flat and then you have to separate every. Single. Strand. She was excited to have them though.
    • In Christmas miracle news, Caleb is actually voluntarily using the restroom at the early age of 3 years and 11 months. We would like to thank God for this blessing as we were growing very weary with the "gifts" Caleb kept bestowing upon us. Yeah, Caleb! With this new found independence, he has taken to saying Yes, Ma'am and Yes Sir, and recognizing the sounds the letters make. What a confidence booster it has been for him.
    • Also on the list for the week, although not so out there, are: playgroup at our house tomorrow, taking the kids to a nursing home to deliver cards and treats, Madeline's Christmas Party at school, a sleepover for the kids on Friday, a cookie decorating party with Mrs. Nancy and Katie on Saturday, finishing and sending the Christmas cards, and finishing the wrapping of gifts.
    • Here is a picture that is actually normal since what I have just shared is not:

    and one of Madeline from her Parent Watch at dance last week:

    5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I was actually coming in here to ask for Christmas decoration pictures! So get on that since you have so much time on your hands!! ;) I really want to see.

    None of the stuff sounds weird to me. All very interesting.

    Anonymous said...

    The Popcorn Stuffed turkey is just like Mom used to make for Thanksgiving... of course I bet yours has been popped. Mom would put it in the oven and it usually exploded before we had a chance to carve it.

    Christi said...

    Sounds normal to me!!

    Lisa Sanders said...

    I love your blog posts. Please keep them coming.

    Christi said...

    Ok, I just had a thought. I can't really see you spending too too much money onthe Dolly outfit so I'm a little curious as to how much of it was actually already in your closet. I can see the leather pants but you could signal a rescue plane with that belt buckle!! Haha...Happy New year : )