CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

  • Last night Madeline asked to get out the sewing machine she got for Christmas last year that was put away soon after Christmas. It is kind of a loud little machine and coupled with the needle factor, I guess I can see why it says 8 and up on the box, huh? Anyhoo, she was ready to give it another go and we first worked on a little wraparound skirt we had started last year. Today when she got home from school she wanted to get right back to it. So we finished the skirt and made a little purse after that. Here are a couple of pictures:
  • I took Caleb to see Hotel for Dogs on Tuesday. He really likes going to the movies, but Madeline not so much. I think he enjoys the snacks actually. He is very well behaved though. We were the only ones in the theater on Tuesday at 12:30, I can't imagine why. The guy who sold us the tickets actually ran over to the candy counter to sell us our snacks as well.
  • Since my last post we have had a couple of birthdays and parties as well as Christmas. That was a hectic few weeks. Spa party for Madeline and Star Wars for Caleb.
  • I am working on a scrapbook this year called Project 365. Basically it is a picture of some type of everyday life and a little bit of journaling with it. So far I am keeping up pretty well. I am not a very good photographer, but I guess that is not so much the point as taking in the everyday moments. The scrapbook is all put together, I just have to add the writing and pictures every few days.
  • I have been reading on a few blogs about family movie nights. SInce we do Neflix anyway, Dan added a bunch of kiddie ones to the queue. This Saturday we are going to start with Ice Age. I need to come up with a little treat to go with it. The people I have seen do this usually try to come up with a themed treat related to the movie. That will be a task for tomorrow.
  • I have been working on hard to clean out the playroom. It is a little hard for me as well as them because I think about when they wanted the different toys and how excited they were when they got it. Then Madeline pulls the, "I NEED to be done with the Dora house," in a sad voice that really still likes the Dora house. Sooo, I have things sitting in the hallway right now trying to decide if any of it goes back in or if Anna just hit the jackpot!
  • Caleb and I were watching the inauguration on Tuesday before we left for the movie. Caleb hears "Hail to the Chief" and asks me if that if the "Smurf music". Um, no Caleb, that would be the President of the United States' theme song, not that of a community of miniature blue people.
  • Madeline loves any song that is really catchy and often totally inappropriate. A current song she is enjoying is "Put a Ring on It". In her room, some time after listening to the song, she is holding a Webkin. She looks at me and says with all seriousness, "Well I really like it, but I don't know how to put a ring on it."
And that's all folks. Well, here is a picture of Caleb in his 4 year old white shirt picture, just because he is so cute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the kid bits are the best! Thank you for getting "Put a Ring on It" stuck in my head once again! How funny though! And the Smurf song...I'm not sure how you confuse those 2. LOL Mark will from time to time walk around the house singing "Hail to the Chief, 'cause he's the chief and he needs hailing". I don't think those are the words. Does that song even have words? Anyway. Insert cat or child name in place of Chief and you have an original song by Mark. Good post! I laughed out loud...for real...several times.

Anonymous said...

Always entertaining. Funny how I can picture some of the things you mentioned the kids doing and you have to laugh. Now that Stephanie has mentioned Mark singing, I am trying to picture that and....just not seeing it. Will have to ask him about it!!

XOXO

Anonymous said...

What a cute skirt!! Great job Maddie Mae!!

Caleb/Smurfs!! LOL

You should do this more often!

Christi said...

We've had Netflix for about two years and our favorite thing so far has been Lost in Space!! It took us about a year to watch the whole series but it was great. Each disc has 3-4 50 min. episodes and they're already talking about getting to watch them all again when Nathan is old enough. See you Sunday : )