CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

early to bed

It is 9:20 and I am already tucked into bed. I have no immediate sleep plans because Project Runway is not on until 10. So I am going to get my blog responsibility out of the way and wait for Dan to get home. I don't have to work tomorrow, but Madeline does have preschool. Still don't consider 7:30 sleeping in, but better than 6:00. It was "b" show and tell day so Madeline brought her Barbie. I asked her what she said about it and she said she told them I had given it to her and I got it from my Mommy's house. I like that she shows no preference to her brand spanking new Barbies and the ones I gave her with mangy hair and orangish tans. She did a lot of work at school today. She is only there about 3 hours and had at least 5 papers. Not that any of it was that time consuming, but still. She is dying to bring snack and I have not been told when our week is. Apparently she's not been digging the choices the other children have made. It is her desire to bring "cut up fruit". Oh, the things that consume my Madeline. Her main focus the past week has been her "dance show". Have a seat, this will take a while. Just know as much detail as I am about to give is nowhere near what I have been subjected to recently. So last Friday I came home from school and she hands me "an invitation" on a post it note (which she loves to write on and litter the house and car with). She tells me it is for her dance show the next Friday. Oh, okay, well thank you. We go on our merry way. She has also given these invitations to Dan and Mrs. Nancy. Noone feel excluded, if she laid eyes on you, you would have been invited. Next couple of days she mentions it a couple more times. Dan and I realize she is serious. There WILL BE a dance show at our house on Friday like it or not. So away from Madeline I call Mrs. Nancy and ask if she is available, because Madeline is for real planning this party. "Oh", she says,"I thought she was playing." Didn't we all. They are going to be out of town. Oh my goodness what will I do??? I break it to her gently and just short of panic she says, "Well, what time is it? We'll just have it today?" Uh, no. So we reschedule for Thursday. They can come. All is well. Not so fast. I forgot I have Open House on Thursday. I remember this going to bed that night and dreaaaaad telling her this. For sure now, next Wednesday we are having this crazy dance show. Now here is her plan: all girls must wear dresses and heels and makeup, boys are to wear shirts, pants, and ties, she knows who is to sit where (except Caleb because she said he'd probably like to dance), people on one counch are to have one kind of Chex Mix to eat, the other couch has a different flavor, there are to be cookies (must be sugar she decided at 3AM this morning when it was storming), she will be wearing the pink leotard with a black skirt, we are to move the coffee table to another room and the rocking chairs so she will have plenty of room. There is more, but that is all I can remember now. She is FOUR! What is going on? And then there is Caleb, just bathe me every once in a while, because I really like the bathtub. Give me some gummies and my bag of cars, I'm good. He is the cuddliest little guy ever. I have to beg for kisses, but they are so sweet when I get one. He also enjoys crushed ice and Bob the Builder. A little lower maintenance, huh? I do have a little fun planned for myself this weekend. Football starts so I have to be home kind of early, but Eisha and I are going to do Super Suppers where you fix 12 meals to freeze and store. Then we are going to shop until 3. Not my marathon shopping I used to do with Jeri, but still fun. Maybe some receipts to look forward to....and I'll tell what meals I made.....oooohhhhh!

2 comments:

StephM said...

I hate that I can't come to the dance party (and wasn't invited...but I understand she hasn't seen me in quite awhile). That really should be quite the Madeline experience! Looking forward to recipes and receipts...and I too would like to know what Wednesday is. I like Milkshake Mondays and pizza Tuesdays. I'm going to have to implement this. Surely Mark won't mind.

Anonymous said...

Tell the dance princess that we wish she would take her show in the road. There are people in other parts of the country (I am sure Ed will agree) that clamor for this form of entertainent. Hope Dan got home OK. I am sure there was a PeaPie story shortage in his absence.