CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 28, 2006

Today started with the screaming...kind of happy screaming though. Uhhh, that can kind of sound weird. I mean from Caleb in his crib. He was glad to be awake I guess. I would have been a little glad-der if it had been about 9:00 since I didn't have to work today. So breakfast, a shower that I feel like I had to work very hard to get to, and we were off to my friend Eisha's to get Caleb's bag embroidered and for Madeline to play with her friend Taylor. We stayed for grilled cheese and pretzels and were on our way back to Walgreens to pick up our one hour photos, jam, and some Chex Mix for Madeline. She was quite excited that it was buy one, get one free, so she was able to choose two flavors. On the 7 minute commute home, Caleb fell asleep-with Chex Mix in his mouth. Oh my boy, doing his two favorite things at the same time. Home again, and to bed with the little round one. Madeline is having nothing to do with weekday naps, so she had her not so quiet, quiet time in the playroom. I went ahead with my nap though. I don't have the problem she does being a "big girl" who naps. Well, Dan would say I do. I have guilt about the napping, but it really makes me feel better. My children would like to have dinner at 4:30. We try to shoot for 5:30 though. It is insane i think to eat as early as they want to. Madeline LOVES her some sausage pie and Dan would like for this love to come to an end as we eat this weekly. The kids both eat it up though. So today I made something for Dan with it. Baked beans. Yucko! What a treat right? But I usually just make the foods I like and baked beans is not one of them. Dan gave Caleb a haircut that he didn't mind, but Madeline had to get used to. He is pretty good for it, no screaming at all, and not real wiggly. Today is Milkshake Monday so after baths we all enjoyed that. I drink mine waaay too fast, which Madeline reminded me of today. She also told me she was a prettier dancer. She really knows how to boost my confidence. I really just think it is funny (and good) that she is so confident. I sewed up the newly embroidered bag and put a drawstring through it. Pretty cute! Now he can look like a hobo as he totes his little bag around. I got Caleb duty again for night-night and we went through THE only two books in his world. PeaPie did make an appearance tonight (and last night) I was told. It just didn't sound like the usual PeaPie antics in there last night. And so I have bus duty tomorrow and have to leave by 6:30, so I'd better rest my little head. Maybe some interesting stories from kids who aren't mine tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madeline, Madeline, Madeline...no wonder she and Jack get along so well, they're both so full of themselves and...something.

Yesterday sounds like a very busy day. You did a whole bunch of things which makes what I thought was a pretty productive day on my part look piddly. Mostly mine consisted of chauffeuring (sp?) I guess. If Brent doesn't start remembering his stuff and stop making me go back and forth for this or that, I'm going to let him out and make him walk.

I think Rhett needs a bag like Caleb's for his Thomas trains. He has a case, but I'm sure a bag would be easier for him AND portable.

I don't know how you got yourself to school at 6:30 this morning since I could barely get up by then.