CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I Went to Walmart and Only Bought Two Things

Dan got back last night safe and sound. Much to Madeline and Caleb's delight this morning. This post is going to be a lot shorter because I am tired. {your welcome} Madeline had school, so Caleb and I went to Walmart to return 12 sets of pillowcases I had gotten to make the little bags for the backs of school chairs. My teaching partner had seen something on the internet about making them like that, but they just were to big for 2nd grade chairs I think and were going to end up holding more junk instead of being helpful. Made it out of there with only batteries for Dan's mouse and a Matchbox car. Must have a Matchbox car when we go to 'Walmart. I don't think Madeline has ever liked a 97 cent item that much. Back home to empty the dishwasher and clean up. Played some garage and cars with Caleb, then it was time to get Madeline. Madeline is not a fan of lunch. She will choose something for breakfast no problem, but not into lunch foods. Today it was yogurt and fruit. Not unhealthy, just kind of weird. Whatever. I had some shrimp salad I had made yesterday. To bed with Caleb. I took a nap as well, and Madeline practiced tying her shoes some more. She had gymnastics today also so we headed that way. After gymnastics, Dan met us at my school to pick up the kids because I had Open House tonight. We all went to Wendy's real quick where I enjoyed a butterfinger little ice cream thing for dessert. Quick, back to school to change and await 7:00 arrival of parents. Went well. No big deal. I always dread it because I don't like getting home late and then having to go right back to school. It is always fine though, almost fun even. So long as the parents are normal and not hovering types. I did have one of those, a father, who was just divorced in July, and he is a little much. I feel so bad for the little girl because she has so much on her mind. Anyhow, back home and Madeline was waiting up. Dan had a stressful day of work and was working more when I got home. Don't know that working at home is easier. In fact I think it is just more work. Neither here nor there, only my opinion. Bus duty again tomorrow. Need to get the ironing done for the week. Usually I'd have it done by now, but my iron is leaking water, and I should have gotten one today at Walmart now that I think about it . On my list for the weekend I guess. That'll do it. By the way, for those interested, Thurday is usually Dan Cooks Day. With the funky night, he was relieved of his duty.

3 comments:

StephM said...

Yes, but what is Wednesday? You skipped Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

I am just wondering how this got started and who made the assignments??

XOXO

Anonymous said...

In Wal-Mart and out with only 2 things, that's an accomplishment!

I got the sausage to make the beloved sausage pie today. Hope the kids will like this version of it, b/c I hate to cook for no good reason.

Busy, busy day yesterday.