CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Finger Update

  • We went back to the doctor today. Caleb does very well and just stares at the doctor only saying "ow" once. It really is looking much better. At least I can look at it now without gagging. We have to go back in two weeks, and hopefully with be splint free after that. For now, he can have some time without when he is playing calmly (when is that?)so he will be able to use the arm and wrist a little. He still needs to keep the splint on it though for sleeping and play so he won't split it open if he hits it or something. It is healing though and is much pinker. The stitches are starting to disintegrate.
  • I have a great schedule the next week! I worked Monday for Stephanie since I am taking off Friday to go to Princesses on Ice with Madeline. I had to take my half day off today to take Caleb to the doctor. I had already planned to take Halloween off to go to Madeline's school party. Sooo by taking 1 1/2 days off, I am off for a week and don't have to go until next Wednesday morning for half day. Then I am off Thursday. Pretty good.
  • I got the kids' Christmas outfits when I went shopping this weekend. Here they are:

  • The little cap is like the ones Daddy wears. Caleb looks so adorable in it! Madeline's dress is supposed to have flouncy little leggings that go under it like a petticoat kind of. So they show that in their ad, but they are not at the store or online. Nice. There is a little shirt that goes under it too that I can't find. I do get to BACk to the store because they left the security tag on the dress!
  • I finished my Christmas organizer folders today too. I am not the originator of the idea. Someone had given me one a few years ago, and I have added to it some. There are dividers for gift lists, budget, gifts you are making, a calendar of to do lists, list and addresses of those you send cards to, etc. I made one for each of the girls in my playgroup and Eisha. What a great idea for some work for myself. I do like the way they turned out. I have used mine a ton the past couple of years.
  • I worked on making clean spreadsheets, making copies, and punching holes in those today mostly since I had the doctor's appointment this afternoon. I did finish the laundry since I was working on my usual laundry day, Monday. I did get a few calls taken care of too, which I usually dread. I needed to call Cobb County AGAIn to get my staff development credits from them for my license renewal. Supposedly they are being sent to me. We'll see.
  • We were a rushed on Saturday at the outlets because one of my friends had to be back at 3:00. So we are going to the other outlets tomorrow to see if we can get a little more done while the girls are in preschool. Madeline starts her new gymnastics place tomorrow too. hopefully there will be another girl in the class!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Christmas outfits!!! I'm so glad Caleb's finger is recovering so well!

I wish I was so organized. I know I could be, but my attention span is short. Not a good excuse, but I just mean I get excited about it and then sidetracked.

Have fun shopping!! Maybe email me a template of this list for Christmas shopping you're describing. If you don't mind, that is. ;)

Anonymous said...

No one could ever say you don't make good use of your time.

I'm so glad Caleb's finger is healing so well. I sure it helps having a doctor that is good with kids too. I remember one of the Navy doctors we had for you when your feet were in casts was not good with children, especially young children. After your
"crying"(screaming) the entire time they were taking off the casts (with a saw),he said no more. Soak them off the night before you come in. No bedside manner!

XOXO