CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Long Lost Blogger

  • I had been posting at night, but I have just preferred reading to typing. I felt like I had been typing the same thing everytime as well. So this may be kind of repetitive as well.
  • Today we went to the Pumpkin Patch which is near Amicalola Falls. We had never been to this patch before and it was really too crowded for us. We usually go to one much closer that is on a family farm. That one is closed this year, due to a "family fight". Anyway the line to pay for a pumpkin was verrry long. At least 30 minutes, ridiclous. So we did the hayride and then went to the falls where we had a picnic lunch. We'd run into our good friends, the Whites, at the pumpkin patch somehow. We spent the rest of our excursion with them since their two daughters, Holland and Taylor, are two of Madeline's best friends. Since we had two cars we took one to the top so we could hike down the falls and the guys drove back up to get the other car while the kids played on the playground. We had a really fun time there, but will be getting our pumpkins at Kroger!
  • Last night we went to California Pizza Kitchen for our Friday night dinner, but it was a little unusual because Dan had a going away thing for a lady he works with at Bahama Breeze. So we were going to meet at 7:30 which is very late for us to go out to eat anyway. I went to JoAnn's with the kids first to get a few things. I went to CPK early in case we had to wait for a table. Of course this time, we walk right in and get a table at 7:20. I went ahead and ordered the kids' food so they could get it early and it came out in record time. By 7:45, I went ahead and ordered my food. At 7:55, I ordered them dessert. Still no Dan. Yum, yum, that was good. Sorry, buddy, but you just missed dinner. He had server issues getting his check and didn't get there until after 8:00. So in two cars we go back home.
  • I am making trick or treat bags for the kids to use. They are black with orange lining, and each has a felt picture on it and their name is embroidered. Caleb's has a candy corn and Madeline's has a pumpkin. Then I satin stitched around the pictures to make them look more finished. I may add some orange ric rac that I got at JoAnn's yesterday. They are about half done, I just need to stitch them together.
  • I took my cell phone on a walk with me and put it in the stroller where I also had a bottle of water. At the end of the walk I had a fried cell phone due to being soaked in water. Still have to get that replaced.
  • We priced some trees and plants for the backyard landscaping. Hopefully we can get some of that done in the next few weeks. That would help make a little cozier back there. No trees is certainly not very homey.
  • That is it and I going to have to post more because I can't remember little things the kids do this way which is half the reason to do this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you blogged, Daddy had said this afternoon we were going to have to call and check to be sure all was well.

Laura has been trying to find a pumpkin patch and couldn't.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I left a comment, where'd it go?