CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 09, 2006

Trying to get on a roll

  • Busy, busy day. Weekly playdate this morning where the kids played and we made plans for a few more activities including next week's playdate, a "field trip" to see Grandma Snazzy the storyteller and a picnic lunch, a little Halloween celebration. This week we frosted and decorated cookies for a little artst project.
  • Came home and got some notecards printed, printed and burned the edges of three quote sheets for the tile craft, sewed the buttons for the pumpkin's face on Madeline's trick or treat bag, sent e-vites for the playgroup field trip and Halloween party, and sent the e-mail request for wishlists. All of this during naptime/quiet time, of course.
  • Met a couple of friends at the playground at Madeline's school for a little while since she hadn't seen her friend, Julia, in a while.
  • Ran to Walgreens to get a few things, and forget a few things of course. Got the shampoo, dental floss, and cough medicine. Forgot the super glue and fish food, and envelopes.
  • Forgot to mail Katie's gift in this chicken with my head cut off mode. Will do tomorrow, Katie!
  • Almost finished the laundry. Last load in the dryer. Oh, how I do not like to drag out laundry over more than one day...
  • Madeline's gymnastics class session ends in two weeks. Trying to decide if we should try a different place where she will learn more tumbling or do something different. She is now saying she wants to play the violin. Uh, okay...
  • Dan went to Verizon after work and fixed up my phone situation. Thank you, Dan! I have been demoted to a crappy phone until March and we thought 5 months without a plugin for my headset. Luckily he found a little converter to allow headset usage. Phew! I can deal with a crappy phone because it is not like I know how to do anything with my phone anyway, but no headset??? No deal.
  • We have been invited to a neighbor's house to play the 80's edition of Trivial Pursuit on Friday. Yeehaw! Right up my alley. We played this on the scrapbook retreat-very much enjoyed it. Let's just say Dan is not quite as excited as I am.
  • Saw our friends Janet and Scott from our old neighborhood at church yesterday. They have been going there for a while, but we never see them. Anyway, they had gone to the apple orchard Saturday up near the pumpkin patch we went to. Also at this apple orchard are pig races! I think Caleb would LOVE the pig races! I really want to take him sometime this month. We will pick some apples, too. We saw the pig races at the dairy farm when we went last year, but he wasn't big enough to really appreciate the fun of watching pigs race. Now these are cute little pink pigs. Not big fat black pigs. Don't really want to watch them race. These are much more like my beloved Wilbur.
  • Madeline is all about creating new hairstyles these days. She'd love to wear her side ponytails all around town. She also will take her two ponytails, pull them together in the back at the ends, creating, and I quote, "an upside down roof" shape. Lovely. She put barrettes in Caleb's hair yesterday. I was just waiting for that to happen and he actually like it. Well, he was smiling anyway.
  • Caleb is the funniest little man around. He'll walk around with his hands in both pockets like is just hanging out. Or you can ask him a question like, "Are you ready to go?" and he will give the most casual, I am so mature, "Yeah." He is a handsome little ladykiller. Well he is kind of stinky and gross, but I like him anyway.
  • Dan is traveling again this week to Boston. Yes, I think that is where his girlfriend lives. But I'm cool with it as long as I get my shopping days now and again for my extra effort during his escapades.
  • Wow, a little chatty tonight. Right through The Bachelor which is fine because last season was sad and disappointing. This year's bachelor may be prince, but he acts like a goober, in my opinion. I must watch What About Brian though. And get tivo set for my beloved Oprah and Gayle's Road Trip Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you keep up the pace. I can get tired just anticipating the energy I would need to do all those things.

Don't forget Dancing with the Stars tonight!!

XOXO