CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 02, 2006

  • Just returned from my morning of errands with Calebino. A whirlwind of Christmas shopping, but mostly things on my list that I happened upon. The tracing projector that I think Seth got a few years ago for Madeline and Erin. Found a Barbie car for Madeline that is actually little girl appropriate. The one Dan and I saw this weekend was called-and I am not kidding-A party van hot tub. No thanks. The one I got was a VW Beetle. I also got the Cars Christmas wrapping paper for Caleb's Santa things, a Matchbox garbage truck, and some other semi-truck thing. Can you tell I have no idea about the boy toys? That was all at Big Lots. They have some really good prices and some pretty good stuff. Their Barbie clothes are well priced and they have a good selection if anyone needs any Madeline ideas. She also would like some of the Polly Pocket sets like the lagoon, amusement park, etc. She doesn't have any of them so you can't go wrong.
  • At Hobby Lobby I could have spent some serious money, but I was good. I actually got the tracing projectors here. You can print out a 40% coupon anytime and it is good on anything not on sale so I used it on one of those. I alos got myself a Cropper Hopper paper organizer because it was on a good sale. Got Caleb's ornament for the year because I had been wanting a car one. Not a Disney car one, mind you, just a car.
  • I also got my supplies for my Christmas cards ,that Laura apparently frowns upon;), but I like to make my own. Their paper is 50% off this week so it is a good time to go. They had some good craft projects also for Christmas so I got those. One is a clay ornament one and another is a pack of the stained glass ornaments like we used to make. I have a plan for those little crafts to be addressed in a minute. They had really cute decorations for miniature trees too. Since I put a little bitty tree in each of the kids' rooms I got them a set of ornaments for their trees. Madeline's are pink and green glittery ones and Caleb's are a fishing theme.
  • As for my own fabulous treat, Dan just told me I could get this for myself because I have been begging for it:

He is probably sick of hearing about it. I am under that impression because when I just mentioned it he said, "Do you mean that thing you keep talking about?" It is so neat because it has 25 little doors and windows that open up and the mailbox has your name on it. I love the little windowboxes and wreath! Oh, how I hope this little treasure lives up to my expectations! Anyway, I am going to put little notes in each box like, "Make stained glass ornaments", "Bake Christmas cookies", "Decorate your mini tree for your room", "Make a Christmas card for your teacher", "Make a handprint for your scrapbook". You get the idea. I am sure it is neater to me than the kids, but whatever. I will give them a magical childhood in my own mind, and they can call me crazy in twenty years.

  • Moving on, Dan came down a few minutes ago after a call with his boss. His boss' name is Bob. Madeline says it's Bob the Builder. Anyway, the big boss had asked for people in the company to nominate people who had been doing a great job. Dan's name had come up a lot he said. Several VPs and senior people had recognized his work. He said he didn't have a lot to offer him at the moment but an American Express giftcard and the promise of remembering this when reviews/raises come up in a couple of months. I am so glad they are recognizing his effort and am so proud of him!
  • Madeline has gymnastics this afternoon and then a haircut, which she is dreading. She seems to think I am going to have her head shaven.
  • Halloween pictures will have to wait because our computer monitor attached to the computer that has the camera software has died. There are a couple of funny ones too! Caleb was laid out in Madeline's lap in the wagon on the way home from trick or treating. He really can give Madeline a run for her money in the character department. He is so goofy! They looked adorable so I really want to post some pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed, I was anxious to see the kids dressed up for Halloween. One of the nurse practitioners was at my desk yesterday and saw their Xmas picture from last year. She was asking how old they were and how much personality comes across in their picture. She even wants to see the Halloween picture. She is also a crafter. She loved the note cards!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Does this mean that a computer monitor could/should be on your/Dan's Christmas lists??
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dan!!

What?? I said I don't like your Christmas cards? I actually like your cards the best. What I was saying that I don't like are the photo cards. But I have a super-fab one for this year so that's what I'm doing.

The log house advent calendar sounds neat. If Mad and Cal don't enjoy it (like their nicknames? I'm kidding)I'd like to do those things. I'd love to do something like that, but I can just see the chaos. :(