CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 06, 2006

  • Took the kids to see Grandma Snazzy today. She is probably 75 years old and does her bit at the Crabapple Kroger upstairs. She reads and they sing songs, do a little coloring and then have a snack. It is about 45 and it is free. Free is good. Then we went over to McDonald's across the street. This was kind of a field trip for our little neighborhood playgroup.
  • I actually placed the order for the aforementioned house today. I kept waivering, but I really want to get it before December. SO I called since our name has a capital letter in a position other than just the first letter. That is what the website said I had to do. I tell them I would like to order the "log cabin advent calendar." I give a thorough description and explain all about it. Anyhow the lady at LL Bean said she did not know of the item I was talking about and couldn't find it. After a few minutes of me telling her how to find it on their website and where it was in the catalog, I ask if I should just hang up and call back to talk to someone else. To which she tells me they won't be able to find it either. She says she'll call customer service to see if they know of it. She comes back and tells me "it is a good thing she called them because they didn't know of it either." Whatever lady. SHe goes on to say, "It is an advent calendar. " Yes, I know, I told you that. "And it comes in three styles: a log cabin, a lighthouse, and a tree". Again, I know this and told you I want the freaking log cabin. I even say BROWN LOG CABIN should you decide to complicate this more and further confuse yourself. Blah, blah, blah, I am sure this item is not going to arrive spelled correctly, let alone be a log cabin advent calendar.
  • With all of our other activity, we never got around to the actual carving of the pumpkin. So today Madeline and I painted like a scarecrow head and put it on the scarecrow we had made.
  • Another tradition I had decided to start on Halloween which I had forgotten to include is an appetizer dinner. Since it is kind of a busy night, it is a little less of a sit-down dinner. It was a last minute idea, so I got some frozen ones this time. Maybe next year I will think ahead a little. We had pizza cut into little pieces (since we were already planning for pizza since it was Tuesday), spinach dip and chips, buffalo wings (for Dan), apple slices and caramel dip, and cheese sticks.
  • Here is a little list for those that have been asking for gift ideas:
  • Caleb- Thomas the Train, Bob the Builder, boy dressup stuff, 2T pajamas, accessories for GeoTracks, one of those steering wheel things with turn signals, etc.
  • Madeline-Polly Pocket "places" like the waterfall, etc., barbie clothes and any other Brabie accessories, Littlest Pet Shop, there are some horse things at Lillian Vernon, any of which would be good
  • Jennifer-cranberry colored kitchen towels, socks in cream and chocolate, 2 piece pajama sets, a shoe rack that hangs on the wall (there is one at stacksandstacks.com), Hobby Lobby gift certificates, a Cropper Hopper vertical paper storage holder, turtleneck sweaters
  • Dan-is requested Amazon gift certificates. I don't know if you just print out a gift certificate or what.
  • I think I have typed all of this before, but in case I hadn't....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did you end up with your LL Bean order? I went to the website and found it without any trouble,but I see that they do direct you to call your order in with special last names. Keep in mind some mail order places use prisoners to take their orders. Comforting to know that you may be giving your address and credit card info to a prisoner.

XOXO

Katie said...

Aww Caleb looks so cute in his battle bandanging. Poor guy :o/. Thank you so much for the list of things to get. I neeed to start buying things as soon as possible.

Also I did get your gift. I got it about a week ago I think. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to put it to good use haha. Thank you so much. I really really appreciate those things! :oP

Anonymous said...

I commented to the original post w/o pictures. I like the pictures. I have been showing them off,of course. I stood in line to vote(for a little more than 1 hour) with Heather Witt. She caught me up on several classmates.

XOXO