- Updating at Laura's request, though belated.
- Got lots of shopping done. A little more done online last night while talking to Stephanie (Jenny already got her fishtank that she asked for). Dan told me that when he got home. Thhidese would be helpful pieces of information to have when shopping. Just a few toughies left to buy for (they are not on my side of the family, I might add).
- The kids are pretty much done except a couple of stocking stuffers. I think we may get our tree this weekend. Madeline saw someone else with a tree up and said they were early birds. Now she wants to be an early bird too. So there is that reason, but also we won't be able to do it next weekend and I am having our neiborhood ladies' Christmas party the next week that I would like to be all decorated for.
- Christmas cards are addressed , but not stuffed because I have not yet taken the picture for them. Maybe I can get that done this weekend.
- I would just like to have December to wrap a little, do some crafty things and not rush. I have a few more ideas to come up with for the Advent calendar. It arrived yesterday after a little bit of ridiculous anticipation. It is even better than I thought it was going to be!!! It is really heavy and well made. The little doors and windows open in different ways. Some open like shutters, some are drawers, some and regular doors. Just wonderful. That will have to be the extent of my Christmas decoration purchasing though for the year. Worth every penny. To me anyway...
- Madeline had her Thanksgiving party at school today so Caleb and I went. He played very well, but he is needing to nap earlier and earlier. They had foods similar to those the Pilgrims and Indians may have had. (not really, but you know what I mean) Cheese, popcorn, grapes, chicken nuggets (oh, how the Pilgrims loved their chicken nuggets), and BEEF JERKY. What 4 year old wants beef jerky? Not mine. She didn't even want any on her plate, but luckliy didn't make too big of a deal about it. Gross.
- Madeline has a friend over playing now. She lives in our neighborhood, Abigail. A relatively new friendship, but they do play well together. Madeline is dressed like a Pilgrim and wanted to have a feast. So they did that and now they are changing clothes to be princesses for a tea party in a little while. Dan has an important call, so they need to be down here during that time. Madeline wants the silver tea service and all at the dining room table.
- Update on the fingers: we went to the doctor on Monday and Caleb is free of the splint and wrappings. It really doesn't look too bad now. The nail looks gross and the doctor said it will probably come off. It is nice for him to be able to be free of all that stuff so he can have use of two hands.
- We are planning to be in Hendersonville Wednesday night. I don't know if anyone else is planning to be or not. Ed was coming to our house next week, but has changed his plans. I need to clean out the playroom next week and get the rest of the house decorated. I am sure we will do a playdate and maybe a library trip or something.
- We are off to gymnastics in a little while and I am sure Dan has something yummy planned for dinner. My goals for the rest of the day are to get well visits scheduled for January and call LL Bean about an order. I'd also like to finish my advent ideas and get them printed and put in my house. Can I do it???
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Please invite Ed to join us, if you can, for Thanksgiving. Wish we were going to have more time with you.
Sounds like you have got things under control for the holidays. It would be nice to have the decorating done early, but don't know if that will happen here. Got a lot of shopping done, but still have your Dad's birthday and Mark's, and the guys Xmas gifts. They always seem to get the short end of the stick and I hate that.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
XOXO
You had me thinking, for a few minutes about going ahead and decorating this weekend since we won't be home next weekend either, but I nixed it pretty quickly.
I did have the kids go through the play area though and clean it out some.
Love how "authentic" Madeline's pilgrim meal was. ;)
I'm so glad Caleb's fingers are healing so well and he's able to be free of his mummy wrapping.
Post a Comment