CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 28, 2006

  • I'm just not having much to say besides my daily happenings, which are not extraordinary. I guess I will ramble about that a bit just to say I posted more than once this week.
  • Dropped Madeline off at school where she was to make "egg boats" for this week's cooking. Those are actually deviled eggs. Like she was going to eat that. I know I wouldn't have. Then she had lunch bunch so Caleb and I had an extra hour to run errands which were about 30 minutes away.
  • Filled the car up with gas, spied a station that had actually dropped below $2 (1.99, but still...They have opened a Woodstock Coffeehouse down by Publix and it has a drive thru. I have actually only used it twice, but it is doggone convenient. Could become a little ritual. Got me a sesame bagel and a caramel machiato or whatever it is called.
  • Dropped off consignment stuff at Tadpoles to be picked up an hour later. Then we went over to the mall. I rarely go the mall, but had heard Forever 21 had cute stuff that was inexpensive. I got a headband and a shirt. I can't find the shirt, but here's the headband. Okay, I can't get it to copy the picture, but it is a black and white scarf headband.
  • Caleb was doing great in the stroller as we were walking through the actual mall part, but turn into a clothes store, and he would instantly freak out. This was going to have to be fast. I got to Baby Gap and got a him a few shirts, solid red and solid white and a wide striped navy and green one. They were on sale for 6.99 which is good.
  • Out of there fast and back to pick up the consignment. I shouldn't even bother doing the store, since I usually do well at the church sale in spring and fall, but I thought I'd try since I had just cleaned out the kids' closets and I didn't want to store the stuff. Well, they have some light they shine on all the clothes to see if there is any hint of a stain. Well if Caleb has ever worn it, it will have had some kind of yuck on it at some point. Madeline fits into her clothes for a few years, so they are "well-loved" also. Anyway, they didn't take much, which amazes me because the stuff in the store was kind of yucky to me. I guess I was kind of insulted because I thought my stuff was much cuter and cleaner. Oh well.
  • On to Old Navy to get Caleb some things because the boy needs some clothes and I am having trouble finding them. Came up short here too. They had recently had their big Baby Sale so they were pretty picked over. I did get him some chocolate colored pants to go with something he already has and two long-sleeved t-shirts for layering in navy and white. Because white is a good color to put on Caleb when he eats...I got myself an outfit as a prize for enduring this trip at all:

We went to get Madeline and Caleb fell asleep which means I could say sayonara to naptime. Madeline did do a little quiet time in her room. I had to make dinner for a couple from Sunday School that just had a baby anyway. I made some more of the Meatball Minestrone from Super Suppers that I LOVED and bread. That soup is very filling. Dan didn't have to cook again because I had made a big batch of that soup.

  • Gymnastics was this afternoon after we dropped off the meal in was pouring down rain.
  • Dan, by the way, had a very good trip to the beach and seems much more relaxed since he's been back.
  • I did some scrapbooking last night and finished Madeline's Dixie Chick page I had started in July! I hooked up my laptop in the craft closet and went to Pandora.com and made me some "stations". Perfect! I need to get some serious time in there to catch up.
  • Tonight I made a tile with a Bible verse on it for one teacher's birthday and some notecards for another's.
  • Tomorrow is out to eat night and FINALLY my sleep late Saturday. I have waited for that day for weeks!!!!
  • That's it for me. I need at get a full night's sleep before I face the jungle at school tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You certainly can get a lot into a relatively short amount of time. To me everything there seems rather spread out and just the travel time would consume precious time.

Sounds like Caleb deserved his "rest" fir giid behavior.

Hope you get some rest over the weekend. Slow down and take it easy.

XOXO