skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- I've been hounded to the point of blogging.
- Lots going on this weekend. I had the Bunco group party here on Friday night which was way too loud according to both Madeline and Dan. Caleb, by the way, was just fine and slept through the whole thing. Thanks, Little Buddy. Anyhow, apparently I was the loudest of the bunch. We had a sit down dinner, played a scavenger hunt game and a game where you have to figure out the Christmas item that is insided the little beanbag.
- Saturday morning the kids had a birthday party. It was a gingerbread party I had helped a friend put together. Madeline had fun decorating hers, Caleb put all of his candy inside of the house and then tore the roof off to get the candy out. To each his own, he enjoyed it.
- Yesterday was a big football game day so Dan went to Andy's for a few games. It was our day to babysit for our neighbor's child, so after we went to Walmart (not a fun experience on a Saturday afternoon with two kids), they brought him over. All of the kids went to bed with no tears, so that was all fine.
- We have started the Advent house and these are the activities so far since I know all are interested: decorate their minitrees with their new ornaments (pink and green glitter ones for Madeline, fishing themed ones for Caleb), yesterday was the gingerbread party, and today was making stained glass ornaments.
- We took our Christmas picture today. It will certainly not be up to par with the photographers in the family, but we are more of the "good enough" attitude when trying to get them to sit still for a picture.
- Tomorrow is our little Sunday School Christmas party for the kids. They do a book exchange and the moms do a Christmas decoration exchange.
- The big news around here is a visiting little elf named Oliver. He arrived on Saturday morning after Madeline left out some crackers and water to lure him. We made a bed, pillow, mattress, and blanket for him yesterday. He had a note with him that said to feed him the crackers and water each night and sprinkle him with North Pole flakes. So last night he stacked up some pillows and got into the cookie jar. Then he decorated Caleb's ride on toy with ornaments and was still riding it this morning when we got up. Madeline loooooves him and took him to Walmart. She is taking great care of him. His note said he will have to go back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve to get started on next year's toys.
- I started working with Madeline on this little set of books called Bob books tonight. She did great and read her first book! I am not pushing it on her, by the way, she is just kind of there with her letters, sounds, and interest. She is certainly doing some memorizing with it, which is what they do in the beginning, but she is sounding out words too. Good girl!
- Tomorrow's to do list after the party is to: do laundry, make a sample little candy bag to go with neighborhood Christmas card for Madeline to make more Tuesday afternoon, have pictures printed for card, wrap a few presents, go to Publix for the few things I forgot on my Walmart trip.
- I wish I could attach the picture I took of Oliver the Elf in his bed, but I can't get the computer hooked up right and I am ready for sleep so that will have to wait. I know these posts would be more interesting with pictures...
2 comments:
I'm curious about Oliver, will he be coming to visit this weekend? I haven't decided on a dish for this weekend either?
XOXO
I think it's so sweet you've got all these traditions going on. (Oliver). I'm assuming he's a tradition and not some strange creature you've just taken a liking to and let live with you.
I have looked and re-looked and still haven't been able to find any of those stained glass ornaments. :(
See you Sunday!!
Post a Comment