- We got home last night about 8 or 8:30. All was fine, even with the kids...until the two lane road after the interstate. I had been feeling carsick, but I didn't think I would actually lose it. I was wrong. Sick all in the McDonald's bag. Which broke. All over my lap. Disgusting ride home the rest of the way. But my stomach felt better. I hadn't done that since I was pregnant with Caleb. I hope not to do it again for a long while. Thank you Dan for the cleanup.
- I had a cake to bake for today's playgroup Christmas party. Nothin g like a little baking after tossing your cookies. It was a Christmas tree tower cake. You cut the cake into squares and stack them, then ice with green and add sprinkles and little iced presents around the bottom. It turned out pretty well and put my cake decorating skills from my class a few years ago to use.
- Adding to saved post now on Wednesday.
- At our little gift exchange Madeline got a little set of fairies and Caleb got a Little People firetruck. Caleb slept with his firetruck for his nap. He is a little possessive of his cars.
- Caleb and I joined Madeline on field trip to "Back to Bethlehem" yesterday (Tuesday). It is a little town set up with a marketplace and homes from the time of Jesus' birth and then there is a manger scene at the end. We went at night last year as a family, but they have one day when preschools are invited. Madeline got to grind wheat and had a little leather bracelet made for her. The whole thing is free, and they do a really good job.
- Today, I ran a couple of errands before work so Mrs. Nancy came over early to watch Caleb. Actually Mrs. Nancy came over yesterday too, because she forgot I was taking the day off! Anyhow, I picked up a gift I had ordered for Ed, got a couple of organizing things for my closet, and another couple of things I will not mention for someone may find out about their gifts.
- In very exciting news for myself, I have been having a friend in my neighborhood help me organize my closet so it is more efficient for scrapbooking and sewing. Eisha has already expressed her surprise that I would be having help with organization, but really this girl is really good. She has come up with a few ideas that are really helpful and in exchange I am helping her with her son's Christmas stocking. An organizing friend is a more fun than I can handle. I really like getting it all just right. Why is this so fun to me???
- I am in search of a black file cabinet for this little area which one would think would be easy. Not so. The Walmart one I found was too flimsy. None at Target. Over a hundred dollars at Office Depot. Tomorrow Caleb and I will try Kmart and Staples.
- A couple of Oliver adventures for the week: feeding Madeline's fish (she thought he was eating the fish food), baking cookies using my recipe from the cookie exchange.
- Tonight was a girls' night out to see "The Holiday". I looooved it! I was not expecting to like it so much really. It was a very happy little movie and everything ended happy which is just what I like. A good, good movie.
- Dan and I have a date night on Saturday. I think we are going out to eat and then to finish stocking stuffers.
- Friday is our Sunday School family Christmas party. I will be bringing, what else, apple cranberry casserole.
- My life is pretty exciting, huh? But, I really like it just the way it is.
Monday, December 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What yellow/black kitchen are you referring to?
XOXO
it had a black microwave on top. It was a microwave and oven combo I think.
Ooooh, now I remember what kitchen you're talking about. It wasn't mine, so I'm in the clear. ;) I thought maybe you were referring to the wood one which I know was at least partially mine.
Did everybody like the apple cranberry casserole?
Post a Comment