Thursday, September 07, 2006
dance party
Just didn't feel like typing last night, but Madline's recital was adorable. She was counting the minutes as soon as she got home from school. We made cookies and iced and sprinkled them. She wanted fancy bowls for the Chex Mix and platters for the cookies. She got changed and set all of the food out with napkins and cups at each seat. She also had "placecards" which were pictures she'd made for each person, folded, with their names on the outside. She made those during her quiet time by herself and I was impressed by the spelling she did on them. Katie was "Kade", Daddy was "Dadde", she got Mom, Ms. Nancy was "Ms nansc". She is doing really well with her writing. SHe is kind of hurried with her work at school, but we've been talking about doing her best. So on with the recital, when her guests arrived she showed them to their spots and then served everyone their food. We were only to eat from the bowls assigned to the couch we were sitting on. (Gee, where does she get that???) Then she wanted to give everyone something to drink, so I offered to take care of that. No, no she said she would just get water from the bathroom! That is the way to treat your guests, water straight from the bathroom faucet! Then she danced to the Dixie Chicks including Goodbye, Earl, her personal favorite. There was an intermission, and some more dancing. She did not hesitate in the least. SHe was so confident and prepared to dance and have everyone watch. What a little doll! I cried during Cowboy Take Me Away because it was such a snapshot of her childhood and I know we are going to look back at her recital and laugh about how she planned every detail. Caleb was funny because it was like he knew he better sit still and not mess this up. At the end of each song he would yell, "Yah!" and clap, but was totally quiet during the dances (as we were directed to be). I am sure the cookies he was served helped. Madeline watched herself in the fireplace screen and in the tv A LOT, so I think she enjoyed her own performance. She was very happy with the way it all went and wants to have one every month...no, I said, maybe on special occasions or when company comes.
Today Caleb and I spent the morning at Eisha's with she and another friend. I looked for costumes for the kids on Ebay. I think they are going to be Raggedy Ann and Andy. I lost my auction today, but there are several costumes on there, and I don't want to pay a whole lot. We also talked about our online store stuff. And lucky Laura got several phone calls because I have no idea about digital paper and stuff. We had leftover Meatball Minestrone for lunch from Super Suppers. It was sooo good. I still have enough left for lunch tomorrow. Madeline stayed for lunch bunch today which essentially means she ate at school. She loved it! Being up until 1:30, Caleb was ready for a nap. Madeline played with her Twin Time Dollhouse and played dressup. Off to gymnastics where we met up with Eisha again because her daughter has gymnastics after Madeline so we did some pricing of our stuff while the girls tumbled. She also brought me a treat-a caramel Machiano coffee-yummy! After collecting all of cars we came home to "Thursday Delight". That is what Dan called his recipe he made since I had not bought him a box of Hamburger Helper for his cooking night. It was french fried potatoes on top of ground beef topped with melted cheese. The kids liked it a lot and I cleaned my plate so I guess he did his job well. We watched Madeline's dance recital from last night and watched some video of birthday parties and Christmases too. Madeline's little voice was so sweet! I can't believe I didn't cry, but I made it through! Bath and shower, and my night to put the kids to bed and here we are. I am trying to make a bib pattern right now and then off sleep since I work tomorrow. Tomorrow is out to eat night. Where will we go???? If Madeline has her way it will be Waffle House! Yuck!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well tell Madeline that I went to the mailbox every day hoping to be invited to her recital. I bet it was a sight to behold. So what's wrong with Waffle House? They server every bit as much cholesteral as Dan's Thursday special... which sounds yummy by the way.
I vote no on Waffle House too, be sure and let Madeline know that if she must go that route, IHOP is much better.
Her recital sounds adorable! This from the girl who wouldn't show me her "moves" last time. Did you take pictures?
I definately would like to see some pictures from the big recital! I wish I could have taken off of school. I really would have love to have seen it! haha I think Caleb is developing quite the personality of his own too. His seems to really compliment Madeline's. Oh, and the girl's night/weekend I'm not letting this go. We need to do something soon.
I agree with Katie. Yeah, yeah, it'll be getting close to the holidays, but I think it's important that we get a girls' weekend in before the end of the year. And there's a VERY important birthday in November to celebrate, of course! OH MY GOSH I'M GOING TO BE 30!!! I deserve a trip to The Melting Pot for making it this far, don't you think?
Jennifer, when we get around to this girls' weekend, bring the dance recital video...we HAVE to see it! It made me a little teary that I don't live close enough to just drop by for something like that...if I was granted an invitation, of course!
You must start a collection of these recitals and events. I have a feeling that someday we will look back and see how they demonstrate the beginnings of what's to come.
Post a Comment