CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 21, 2006

We our neighborhood playdate today and it was a lot of fun. There were 12 kids including mine, but a couple of them were babies so they weren't doing much playing. Madeline was glad to have several girls her age to play with, and Caleb did well although still kind of plays beside rather than with. The other moms were good too. Although I know all of them from Bunco or walking in the neighborhood, I had never really hung out with them before. We also mentioned doing some scrapbooking or book club, both of which we tried the first Fall we lived here. There weren't many people that were into the scrapbooking, and people didn't actually read the book. That made it a little tough to discuss the book. Maybe it will take off this time. So I am glad I had them over today. The kids had fun, and maybe this will be a good little group of neighborhood friends. We are going to have a standing playdate on Mondays rotating the houses. Dan left for his trip tonight. Actually, he is staying at Andy's so they can leave early in the morning. He has to stop and do a business call at 7:30. Totally unfair since he is on vacation. He has been working a lot. I am not sure how we will have milkshakes on Monday. I guess we will have to do a drive-thru. Thankfully he will return for his cooking before Thursday. What to do all weekend??? I think we are going to play with some friends on the next cul-de-sac tomorrow afternoon and we have a cookout on Saturday at 4. Sunday will be the usual, church and nap. It is the Sunday that our class goes out to eat together so maybe I will do that depending on Caleb's sleepiness. Monday we have playdate and then Tuesday Madeline and I have school. Hopefully the kids will be good, although I know Madeline is not pleased at the prospect of 4 nights without PeaPie stories. I'd like to do a little Christmas shopping, but I don't know what anyone wants. Feel free to publish your lists. I will be thinking about ours. Maybe I could make an Amazon list for each of us. They might be a fun little project. Although Madeline is in the "I want everything I see." mode. I have this toy catalog in my purse I have been pulling out at restaurants for her to look at and circle things she like on her list. Well the whole thing is circled now and there will have to be a major purge of the playroom before Christmas and birthdays since it all comes at once around here. I guess I'll go ahead to sleep since it will be all me, all day, all night, all weekend....

3 comments:

Katie said...

What exactly are these PeaPie things you speak of? Also there was a song that I woke up in the middle of the night to when I was sleeping in Madeline's room.It really kinda freaked me out since I hadn't noticed anything playing when I'd gone to sleep. It was something on repeat and a woman singing it. I know that probably helps very little. Lol about the list of ideas for Madeline..I had noticed that she was very interested in the "My First Shaving Kit" set. Maybe seeing all of the pictures of toys was a little overstimulating haha. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

O.K., you said what are you going to do this weekend as if it might be a dull one. Then you proceed to list off a full agenda of plans? You're crazy!

I'm lost on why you won't be able to have milkshake Monday unless you go through a drive-thru. Did Dan take the blender with him?

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine the weekend being dull when you have 2 little ones. Don't forget your Oprah travel shows! I wish I had known she was traveling, I would have taped it. I was home one afternoon and heard them talk about it coming up, but didn't think any more about it.

I,too,have the weekend alone, but I have a full agenda.(see blog for details)!

XOXO