Monday, September 11, 2006
We had a good weekend, but Dan and I have been sick. Better us than the kids I guess. We basically have colds with runny noses and sore throats. Daln has a cough too. Saturday I took children's Benadryl, just a teaspoon, and fo it knocked me out for a couple of hours. After I shook off that daze, Madeline and I went to get our nails done. I had a gift certificate and she had stopped sucking her thumb, so she earned that treat. Her manicure was only $4! A bargain I thought, especially for how excited she was. Then we went to Walmart to get a few groceries and craft items. When we got home, Dan was in a yucky mood because of Caleb's whining and Murphy had made a mess in 3 different rooms. Andy, Misty, Katie, and the Edwardses came over for the game which thanks to Directv, we almost didn't get to see. I was proud of myself for just ordering pizza and not making a big deal. We did bake cookies, but they were slice and bake. Sunday we went to church and napped as usual. Then we went to Eisha and Jason's to cookout. So not very productive, but it was fine. At least Dan isn't in Texas.
Today we went to the fruit stand to get the stuff for fruit salad for Madeline's class, to Eisha's to drop off some stuff for embroidering, to Dollar General to get some Gladware because I think I have lost a lot of Tupperware bringing meals to people and didn't have any large enough for the snacks for her class. Then we went to pick up prescriptions at CVS and to pick up drycleaning. I needed a rest when we got home, and so did Caleb. Madeline didn't think she did so she asked me every five minutes when she could do her craft. So I got up and got her started painting some window clings. She did a great job staying in the lines and had picked out a transportation set because she thought Caleb would like them. Then we made the pudding for the "dirt pudding" they are making at school think week. After that we made the fruit salad. Meanwhile, the bacon cheddar meatloaf was cooking. Not my favorite. I think I would have left out the bacon for next time. I kind of thought that at the time and should have. Dan did like it and since I don't feel well, maybe that was part of it. I put together an iron dog bowl holder for Murphy that I got last week while the kids played in the sandbox. Dan thinks that is an absurd purchase, but i really like the way it looks better than his others. It blends in better. Anyway, he said to spend my allowance on what I want even if that means dog bowls for Murphy. And so I will....Madeline came in repeatedly to give us rocks "for our anniversary" since she had "forgotten to give us a gift". What a gal! Caleb climbed to the top of the back of the couch in the living room and dove off of it today. He has this think about trying to "balance" on things and gets a great kick out of it. he tries to stand on my leg with both feet, or on a toy drum, or on the arm of chair. Just weird. I gave him peanut butter and jelly sandwich on Saturday and he pulls it apart and tries to eat the jelly with his fingers. Just messy. Then he'll do something so sweet like run to Dan and I to join in on a hug. Madeline does that too, and has since she was really little. Just sweet. I did finish the laundry start to finish today, not including ironing. Love doing that. Baths and milkshakes and off to bed for the kids. I am going to work on my craft closet for a little bit since it is 9:00 and I still I have a little bit of time before I take some Sudafed that will knock me out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow you seem to always have something going. I guess that really shouldn't surprise me so much about you. :o) How big is Caleb now?? i feel like the next time I see him he'll be three feet tall and reciting Shakespeare.
Thanks for my menu! I actually have some tilapia in the freezer I need to use...so that worked out well! Mark will love the Petros I'm sure. We'll have to trade menus more often...not that we traded this time...maybe I should send you one so we're even, and then we could trade!
Good Heavens! Busy weekend! Most anything would be busy next to what I did, but still...
Sick here too...Yuck!!
I agree with you on the dog bowl thing, I've seen those and they do at least make it look nice. They should have a similar thing for kitty litter. I don't have a kit and don't intend to, but just thinking out loud, or actually pretty quietly since I'm typing this.
I bet Madeline's manicure was the cutest thing. Major benefit of having a girl. I wonder which of my kids would like a pedicure??
Post a Comment